The Banking & Finance Academy aims to provide junior finance lawyers with a comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of banking and finance law
As part of our commitment to capacity building, the NBA-SBL in collaboration with ILFA is organizing the Banking and Finance Academy scheduled to hold from 25th to 27th March 2019 which is designed to assist junior finance lawyers in furthering their legal knowledge and expertise in the field of banking and finance. The course which is made up of practical and interactive modules aims to provide attendees with a comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of banking and finance law.
The OBJECTIVES of the Programme are to enable participants to:
- Understand the main types and structures of corporate borrowing, and how lenders raise money
- Understand the general structure of a loan facility agreement and its key clauses
- Understand the reasons for and methods of transfers of loans by banks
- Appreciate the concepts of taking and perfecting security
- Consider the reasons for and methods of subordination
- Understand capital markets and types of debt security, and the form and nature of a bond
- Review of insolvency law for debt finance lawyers
- Understand tax matters relevant to banking lawyers
- Understand the nature of derivatives and how the market in derivatives works
- Understand different types of financing relevant in Nigeria
Attendance at the academy is dependent on the completion of the application form which will then be swotted by the Review Committee. Please note that the deadline for submission is February 7, 2019.
If you would like to apply for this academy, CLICK HERE